Please login to access your account
Parent Code Of Conduct
Rhythmic Academy is committed to the physical and emotional well-being and safety of all of the children in its program, as well as to its managers, coaches, judges, volunteers, and parents and fans attending Rhythmic Academy events including competitions, practices and any other team sponsored and/or affiliated events.
Rhythmic Academy adheres to essential elements of character-building and ethics in sports embodied in the concept of sportsmanship and the core principles of: respect, trustworthiness, responsibility, fairness, caring, and good citizenship. The highest potential of sports is achieved when competition reflects these “six pillars of character.”
Rhythmic Academy has of a Zero Tolerance Code of Conduct Policy, which must be adhered to at all times, both in substance and intent, by all parents without exception as follows:
I agree that:
- I will not force my child to participate in sports or competition;
- I will remember that children participate in sports to have fun and develop friendships and that the game is for youth, not adults;
- I will inform the manager or coach of any physical disability or ailment that may affect the safety of my child or the safety of others in a timely manner;
- I will endeavor to learn the rules of the sport and the policies of the club;
- I (and my guests) will be a positive role model for my child and encourage sportsmanship by showing respect and courtesy, and by demonstrating positive support for all players, managers, coaches, judges, parents and spectators at every competition, practice, or other team sponsored and/or affiliated events;
- I (and my guests) will not engage in any kind of unsportsmanlike conduct with any athlete, managers, coaches, judges, parents and spectators including, but not limited to, physically and/or verbally harassing, taunting, booing and otherwise in any way demeaning or insulting; refusing to shake hands; using profane or crude language and/or gestures; any other inappropriate behavior;
- I will not exhibit and/or display any behaviors, language and/or other practices that would, or even potentially could, endanger the physical and/or emotional health, well-being and/or safety of any athlete, managers, coaches, judges, parents and spectators;
- I will teach my child to play by the rules and to resolve conflicts in a safe and respectful manner without resorting to hostility or violence;
- I will demand that my child treat other athletes, managers, coaches, judges, parents and spectators with respect regardless of race, creed, color, sex, religion, age, or ability;
- I will teach my child that trying and doing one’s best is more important than winning, so that my child will never feel defeated by the outcome of his/her performance;
- I will praise my child for competing fairly and trying hard, and make my child feel like a winner every time, just for participating;
- I will never ridicule, yell at, berate, antagonize and/or otherwise degrade my child or any other participant for making a mistake or scoring poorly at a competition;
- I will emphasize skill development and practices and how they benefit my child over winning;
- I will deemphasize competition in the lower age groups, and place them in the proper perspective in all other groups;
- I will promote the emotional and physical well-being of the athlete ahead of any personal desire I may have for my child and/or his/her placement or score.
- I will respect the judge’s score and their authority during competition and will never question, discuss, and/or confront officials, managers and/or coaches during the competition time. I agree to discuss the competition results with the club managers and/or coaches in private after a cool off period of 24-hours proceeding the competition, in a respectful and civil manner;
- I will accept all final decisions and scores of the judges as being fair and judged to the best of their ability, regardless of whether I agree with same;
- I will demand a sports environment for my child that is free from drugs, alcohol and tobacco, and I will refrain from their use at all team competitions, events and practices;
- I will refrain from coaching and/or instructing my child or any other athlete during competition or practices, unless I am one of the official managers or coaches of the team;
- I will not incite, participate in and/or otherwise condone any unsportsmanlike conduct at any time;
- I will act as an adult and strive to set a positive role model and example for my child and other athletes;
- I will not do or say anything that will cause my child to feel embarrassed, shamed, belittled or disrespected.
I also understand and acknowledge that the Rhythmic Academy has adopted a Zero Tolerance Policy and agree that if I fail to abide by any of the aforementioned rules and guidelines, I will be subject to disciplinary action that could include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Verbal warning by the team manager, coach, Personnel Officer and/or President of the Rhythmic Academy;
- Written warning;
- Immediate ejection from competitions, practices and any other league sponsored and/or affiliated events;
- Parental suspension with written documentation of incident kept on file by the
- Parental season suspension;
- Any other action consistent with the By-Laws and rules and regulations of Rhythmic Academy.
This Parent Code of Conduct is strictly enforceable at the sole discretion of Rhythmic Academy or its duly authorized representatives.